Wednesday, June 3, 2009

BIG BOYS DON'T CRY


Publication: British Vogue July 2009, It's a Boy Thing / Photographer: Kai Z Feng / Model: Alexa Chung wearing Margaret Howell and Lanvin
{Photo Source: The Fashion Spot}
The July issue of British Vogue came through my letterbox the other day, and I was thrilled (you know that overly happy "MY VOGUE HAS COME" feeling that only lasts for a while, but hey! It's worth it, and is a great escape) Anyway, I've got to say I haven't been a fan of the covers recently, even the Natalia Vodianova nude one, and although the latest Julianne Moore cover isn't just in front of a boring coloured screen, it's still too close up on her overly done face. PLEASE MS.SHULMANN, take a look at Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia covers - they're exciting, riveting, sexy, chic and fun. It's a fashion magazine, not Allure, so I don't want to be zoomed in on some body's face, I want to see what they're bloody wearing!! Also, this is the only Alexa shot I liked as the shirt and skirt combo is to-die-for, but the rest were boring (blimey, apologies for being such a moody grandma..) x

WOW, I have learnt since writing this post that Alexandra Shulman feels uncomfortable putting models full length on the cover as a lot of Vogue readers have told her they don't like seeing emaciated girls in the magazine. Apparently the only sample clothes that designers send British Vogue (and every other magazine most probably) is size 0, so Shulman has no choice but to use size 0 models.. Well that explains the close-up covers, but they could still be a bit more inventive and not in front of plain backgrounds!! No matter what I will always read the magazine, I'm very proud to call it my country's Vogue. Anything with lot's of Kate Moss, Mario Testino, Tim Walker and Lily Donaldson is peeeeerfection xx

No comments:

Post a Comment