Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'M A BIT MOSSTIFIED


Marc Jacobs and his 'Model as Muse' Kate Moss attend the 2009 MET Costume Institute Gala in New York
Please help! I just can't get my head around this: do I like Moss' shiny look or not? Do I like the Marc Jacobs dress? The Stephen Jones turban? The unknown designer shoes? NO, YES and YES. She's been getting a lot of criticism for her choice, but I rather like the turban (I just saw the Stephen Jones exhibition at The V&A), and the shoes are obviously yum, but all together, and with THAT Victoria Beckham style dress?? Not happy... Check out Style.com's video coverage of the Gala featuring Kate and Marc (The Moss speaks!!) {Photo Source: katemossonline.net}

A scan from my December 2005/January 2006 issue of Vogue Paris, that I've posted about before.
Moss will always be wonderful of course, she is the world's greatest style icon after all, but I can't help but miss the above times. Her hair, her radiant skin, her vintage, feminine, yet rebellious choices. In the book Kate Moss: Style, Angela Buttolph writes about the evolution of Kate's look, and the impact its had on the fashion world. She also writes about the history and story of each of Moss' famous outfits, so I recommend you grab a copy ASAP! I hate to mention it, but the 2 years leading up to her cocaine scandal are when she wore some of the classics

No comments:

Post a Comment